After 38 years as a portraitist and wedding photographer, I have journeyed to a new place...my version of Impressionism. Always using my fine art background, I have transitioned to creating scenes of nature.
The attraction I have always felt for the work of the Impressionists has just kept drawing me in, and given me impetus to create photographs in their style. Seeing a vision before I snap the shutter, I transform my photographs into Plein Air style images using Photoshop.
This tool has opened a whole wonderful world of creativity. I modify my photographs because I must! The beauty of a brush stroke, of color saturated and separated, of soft edges and glorious tones, inspires me to show my “paintings” to you. Enjoy! For if you love them as I do, you are welcome to contact me about commissioning work for your specific décor, tastes, needs, or simply tell me what size you want of what you see on these pages. Let’s have a conversation.
A favorite quote:
“To my mind, a picture should be something pleasant, cheerful, and pretty, yes pretty! There are too many unpleasant things in life as it is, without creating still more of them.”
It comes as a thrill to be winning awards with my art. I try to have pieces displayed in local galleries at all times. These include:
- International Exhibition of Photography, San Diego County Fair
- Herbert B. Turner Gallery
- City of Carlsbad - Cultural Arts - Deedie's House
- Front Porch Gallery - 2016 Juried Exhibition (list of artists)
- Mission Trails Regional Park
- Carlsbad Oceanside Art League
- Encinitas Library North County Photographic Society Show
- Carlsbad City Library Cannon Gallery
- 12th Annual Solana Beach Library McNeil Sargent Art Exhibit
If you would like to be on an email list to be invited to upcoming shows, please contact me.
I live in Carlsbad, California, with my husband and two cats. Our twin boys are the light of our lives. Life is Sweet. And one day we will all drive electric cars.
I am a member of
Past member of
- Professional Photographers of America
- Professional Photographers of California
- Professional Photographers of San Diego County